Well, I am here to share my thoughts for choosing an eyeliner...
1. If they have testers USE THEM.
* I draw a line on my hand about an inch long and wait about 30 seconds. Then I take my finger and try to rub the eyeliner off. If it smudges a lot or disappears, I automatically know
* If I really want to know if it is long lasting, I keep it on my hand. When I get home I will continuously wash my hands, as a I normally do, and I will scrub my hand in the shower. No lie, some eyeliners do not come off! To me, that is a great eyeliner!
This is also a way to test out if your eyeliner is still good. Some dry out and get hard... other times they will smell funny. Makeup does have an expiration date so just keep that in mind.
2. Do not be afraid to return your eyeliner once opened.
*Most places that I know of offer a full refund on beauty products if you are not fully satisfied. We all hate to waste money on stuff we will not use... So, if you don't like it, you don't like it and you should return it. Sephora I know offers that, as well as CVS. If you are concerned, do a bit of research.
4. Be good to your eyes!
*Make sure you pick an eyeliner that is going to be gentle on your lids and does not make your eyes burn.
3. High end is NOT always better.
*People ask me all the time, "is it better to buy high end expensive makeup or drug store makeup?" Honestly, I could say, go for the expensive stuff, that is what I do... but that would be a lie. It is all a matter of personal preference and what your skin can handle.
Example: I cannot use Clinique. It makes my face break out and feel funny. But a bride that I did her trial, when I used Tart Amazonian Clay foundation (which is what I use on a lot of my clients and myself), she said her face broke our in a rash the next day. I had her go pick up a foundation of her choice. She bought Clinique and was extremely happy.
Lastly, I will share with you some of my favorite eyeliners in no particular order.
1. Sephora Pantone Universe Eyeliner (I bought the 3 pack: Black, Brown and Orange- better deal then buying 1 eyeliner by itself- even though I have yet to use the orange)
2. Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner
3. Avon Ultra Luxury
4. M.A.N gel eyeliner (seriously this stuff is AMAZINGGG)
I am still looking for that perfect liquid eyeliner though...
Let me know if you have any eyeliners worth sharing!