Friday, October 11, 2013

Color Help PLEASEEEEEEEEEE??

Okay so for the most part picking out paint colors for the house has been fairly easy.  I knew what I was going for and I did not even buy a million samples like my mom always does (sorry mom!).  But for some reason, I am stumped on the last room that needs to be painted.  

This is where I need your input.  Below are pictures of the towels, light/vent, the vanity/sink and our tile we chose. Now it is a matter of picking a color.  



These are our towels that we got for our wedding and are in storage until we get into the house.  So I am def. going with gray towels.


This is the vanity we chose.  And it has a white sink.  We also chose a white tub and a white toilet.


This is our floor tile... it looks bluish here but it is not.  It has white, ivory, gray and brown tones in it.


This is the shower wall tile... ivory, white, browns and grays once again.


And we will have a border of this tile eye level to break up the big tiles a bit. Same color scheme.


For our light we went with a bronze tone to tie into the vanity a bit, however, our sink furnishing and any other handles/knobs are brushed nickel.

So now picking the wall color is what is throwing me off.  I feel like because we did such neutral colors for all the fixtures and tiles that I should paint the wall a color that stands out, pops a bit!  However, I am afraid I am going to get tired of it after a while and I really do not want to have to deal with painting it again.

I keep thinking either coral and gray, a soft orange and gray or like turquoise and gray... but I do not know.

So with walls, I was thinking neutral... and then I could accessorize with pops of colors... and then if I get sick of the colors I choose in a year or so and the shower curtain, I could easily change it out but not have to paint the walls. But is that a bad idea?  I do not want the bathroom to look flat if I do too many neutrals.  

Please give me your in put as to what color you think I should go.  Below are just a few of the neutrals that stood out to me.


Living Beach 



Living Caraway


Living Hickory


Living Natural Twine


Pumpkin Seed


Tobacco Leaf

Do you like any of these?  Or should I go with a bright wall??

Lastly, just to fill you in on the status of us getting into our house... the contractors possibly have a plumber lined up to come in next Tuesday. Once he is done and the plumbing inspector comes, they can start to put our bathroom back together again which could take them another 4-5 days potentially... so looks as if we probably will not be able to move into until the last week of October. Soooo.... yeah!  That is about it.  

Feel free to message me on fb the color you like, or leave a comment here.  

Thanks !  XOXO - B


No comments:

Post a Comment