Friday, September 27, 2013

Are we there yet?! .... Reno's day 4 & 5

It has been a long week to say the least.  I have spent every single day at the house, whether it was working, checking in on contractors, or whatever.  We pretty much have to bust our butts to get all the ceilings and walls painted before Monday because that is when the floor guys come in to do our floor.  

I realized we only closed on September 5, and not it is not even the end of September yet, and we have a good chunk done!  At the same time though, it feels as if we have been in this process forever! Are we there yet?! Time to move in?! Not yet.  

So here are some updates for those of you reading:



Yesterday I spray painted the hinges for the kitchen cabinets.


I gave the kitchen a second coat of paint (this pic is only after one coat)



Dad and I primed the "pink room" aka Marc's future office... so it is no longer fully pink, just now the doors and some of the trim! YIKESSSS


Dad and I did the first coat in the entry way...  


... as well as the first coat in the living room.

Dad and I work well together, I had fun with him.  He is real good at painting and wants to make sure it is done right.  He is a good teacher without criticizing harshly and I appreciate that about him.  The day went by fast (at least for me), and I enjoyed spending that time with him! 


Today, our contractors cut the vinyl to the shape of the kitchen.


I helped Marc finish the last two bedroom ceilings.



And we still have no bathroom!   This is what our bathroom floor looks like.  You can actually see down to the entry way if you look, because there was water damage and there is a huge hole.  Check out the reverse pic below! 



YUP! That is our ceiling!  Not so hot.  We are still waiting on plumber.  

Contractors called me today giving me a bunch of bologna about the plumber and money and we need to try and find someone... blah blah blah I don't even remember.   The problem is, they knew we needed a plumbing permit and none of them are licensed plumbers, but they did not know that before they gave us an estimate for the bathroom so now they are trying to charge us more.................... no bueno!  Sorry, I felt a moment of venting coming on. 

I am looking forward to next week though because we are not allowed to be in the house while the floors are getting done, so that means a whole week off from the house!! yipee!!  It seriously has been consuming me and it has been quite difficult to invest in my friends and even take care of our current apartment, myself and my hubby.  So to those of you who have not been able to get a hold of me I apologize.  Literally, I wake up, work all day at house, come home, take a shower and go to bed... next day, repeat (with throwing in occasionally going to the gym).

Stay tuned for more updates this weekend!  XOXO- B

No comments:

Post a Comment