Saturday, July 20, 2013

Essential Oils and other Natural Remedies

I have to start off by saying, I am not normally the type of person to share my feelings or beliefs to people, especially those I do not know... to be completely honest, I probably do not share as much as I should. However, today I had an encounter with an amazing woman and she really got me thinking and I just really feel the need to share with anyone who reads this blog.  I hope it gets you thinking! xo

Today I had a beautiful opportunity to do makeup for a wedding that was getting ready in Springfield, MA @ Naomi's Inn (http://www.naomisinn.net or Facebook page).  It was quite a long day but I met so many wonderful people!  One person in particular... her name is Sera (pronounced Sara).  

It all started when I was talking to the Maid of Honor (brides sister), and we started chatting about health and I was telling her I wanted to try doing oil pulling.  
                                                                     Here is what it is if you are interested in check it out.
Well, she then brought up that she uses Essential Oils.  The testimonial I received from this woman  was incredible... she had some serious back problems due to a couple car accidents and was having trouble conceiving... her sister (the bride) also had back issues too. She started using these oils and literally after years of trying to conceive, two weeks after using the oils, she found out she was pregnant and while her back is not yet 100%, she has come so incredibly far from where she started.

Then I shared with her what I had been dealing with throughout my life, my auto-immune diseases and my surgeries, my anti-inflammatory diet, the works.   She told me to talk to Sera, one of her family members who came up for the wedding, because she is the one who first got her started on the essential oils.

Sera's daughter came in to get her makeup done and that is when I had the pleasure of meeting her.  Let me tell you, she radiates beauty!   You can see her love and passion and concern for people and their health. She gave me a bit of her testimony and others as well.  She also gave me a couple free samples to try out (which I cannot wait to use this week when I get some time to sit down and pamper myself).  


I told her how refreshing it is to hear someone who has had experience with more natural products.  You meet so many people who are against it and I have grown up around holistic and natural remedies and have seen first hand how they can heal.  A lot of medications only masks symptoms, or you trade one bad symptom for another... however, with a diet change, supplements, essential oils, and other natural remedies, you can not only heal the problem but you can hopefully get to the root of what is causing it and then prevent it from coming back in the future. 

Have you ever read the side effects of medications??  You may be taking something for the common cold, but the side effects could include nausea, constipation, vertigo... (you get the idea).  Yeah it is not 100% guaranteed that you will have the side effects but there is a chance and I do not want to give up one pain for another... I want to get to the root of the pain and get rid of it all together and make sure it does not come back.  

She also shared with me how Essential Oils are directly or indirectly mentioned in the Bible many many times.   I am looking at her business card and it says more than 400 times.  

"Essential oils were a part of daily living among the Hebrew, Jews, early Christians and their Gentile neighbors throughout the Biblical age.  Thirty-six of the 39 books of the Old Testament and 10 of the 27 books of the New Testament mention essential oils or the plants that produce them."

To list all of the references would take me forever but some of the oils referred to include Sandalwood, Frankinsense, Myrrh, Onycha, and Rose of Sharon, just to name a few.

A lot of people see the Bible as old and outdated and oh it is the 21st century, times have changed and our lives do not relate to the Bible anymore... but the problem with that mentality is that they are wrong... God created us a certain way and created plants and animals for certain reasons. While we may not take the time to sit down and really truly think about it (which I did not really think about it until after my encounter with Sera), everything was made for a reason and until the end of time, we can always use the Bible as a guide and see that even though it was written a long time ago, God, just as He was then, he is now working in and through all of us.  

These following verses I took from Sera's website because they go to show God's plan in everything he created for healing.

“Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees… their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine.” Ezekiel 47:12
“The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” Revelation 22:2
“So they went out and preached that people should repent. And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.” Mark 6:12-13
“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” James 5:14
“There is desirable treasure, and oil in the dwelling of the wise,” Proverbs 21:20
I guess this really hits home for me just because of all I have been through the past years. I have been on a dozen + medications for everything I dealt with nothing worked... I really feel that not enough people are open to alternative medicine, and if you are reading this and feeling skeptical, or think I sound crazy, well, I want to say... try to be open minded and try it for yourself.  If you are really truly struggling, it is worth a shot. 
I will be thirty-years old in December and basically after spending at least a century of my life being sick and battling,  I want to be able to live the next thirty+ years of my life feeling happy and healthy and full of energy.  
Sera said she is called to help other people in her life, and I feel as if that is all of our callings.  I want to help myself but I also want to help others and we can do that by sharing our stories... So that is why I am sharing with you.  I plan to try these oils out at some point and then share with you my testimony.  I want to hear yours too! Have you tried any oils? Herbs? Supplements? Cleanses? 
So whether you try the essential oils or another remedy, help yourself!  God only gives you one body here on earth, take care of it and use it to glorify Him.
XOXO- B
Choosing Healthy Life  This is a link to Sera's website if you are interested in finding out more! 
NutriWest This is a website to where I primarily get most of my supplements, with the exception of some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment