This post is on dandruff... you can google and research the causes of dandruff until you are blue in the face, however, trying to find one specific cause of dandruff... so... good luck! But whatever the cause may be, it can be messy, embarrassing, and just plain unsightly.
Since I am turning into a label freak, and trying to stay away from harmful chemicals, I decided to take the time and find the best natural ways to take care of dandruff. These are things you can try at home, and are natural ingredients, but if you find nothing helps, you may need to see a doctor.
1. Yogurt. Wash your hair and then put the yogurt on your scalp only and leave on for 10-15 minutes then wash out.
2. Tea tree oil. Tea tree is amazing! You can use it for so many things (acne, body odor, anti-viral, cleaning, just to name a few). You want to get a shampoo that has at least 5% tea tree in it, or you can buy a small jar of tea tree oil and put on on your scalp before shampooing. You can also add tea tree oil to your current shampoo.
3. Olive oil/Coconut oil. You can use either one of these as an overnight treatment. Apply to your scalp only and sleep with it (just make sure you wrap your head in a towel or do something to protect your pillow.
4. Baking soda. Use this in place of your shampoo for two weeks. Leave on for one minute and then wash it out. Your skin should start producing oils again, moisturizing your scalp and relieving the dandruff. -- oh and while you are at it, use it as an exfoliate for your face.
5. Apple cider vinegar. Mix one part vinegar with one part water and pour onto hair and scalp after you shampoo your hair. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with water. It will smell, there is no other way around it, but once you dry your hair, the smell should subside. Try doing this once or twice a week.
6. Egg. Take two eggs, beat together and then apply to scalp, leaving it on for about an hour. Not only will this help with the dandruff but it will condition as well!
I am sure there are plenty more, but I think this is a good start. Let me know if you have any known natural tricks that work, and if you try any of these, please feel free to share!
Have a great night!