Friday, January 3, 2014

30 Day Paleo Challenge

One of my new years or 30th year of life goal was to start eating healthy again and get back in shape.  Well, in doing a large amount of research I decided I am go to do the 30 day Paleo Challenge.  For those of you who do not know, the whole idea behind it is "Eat like a caveman and shed pounds."  

This is a high-protein, high-fiber eating plan.  I am okay with that.  No processed foods- NONE... I think I can handle that.  The only thing I will have to adjust is substitutions to red meat because I do not really eat it (by not really I mean, maybe once every 6 months or so, maybe less).  I also have to be extremely strict on my water intake... as much as I love water and pretty much drink that and nothing else, I do not drink nearly as much as I should.

I plan to start on Sunday, so tomorrow is the big shopping trip.  I am also on an extremely tight budget so I am hoping I can get everything I need for week 1 plus food for my husband (he will not want to do this full fledge with me).  My plan it to hit up the sales at Adams Market, Aldi's, Trader Joes and Whole Foods.  

If any of you have tips or tricks, suggestions, comments, please feel free to let me know.  Have any good recipes to share? I'm in! 

This will also coincide with my anti-inflammatory diet, so that will be great as well!  This not only helps weight loss but can help with gut issues, digestion, clear up skin, and more.

I do not know if this will turn into a lifelong lifestyle, but I am looking forward to seeing changes within 30 days and then go from there.

This is quite personal for me, but I will share my results once I have some to share!


To a happy and healthy new year! 
xoxo- B

No comments:

Post a Comment