Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 1 - Paleo Challenge

This week is going to be a "soft start"... I plan to follow it as much as I possibly can, however, I am being taken away next weekend for my 30th Birthday so I am guessing I will steer off just a bit.  But then as soon as I get back, it is back to the grind!! 

I have my starting weight which I will not reveal yet... I decided not to do my measurements, I am just going to wait and see if I can fit into my old jeans.

My goal for this challenge- clear up my skin, feel more energetic and healthy, get back down to my "comfortable weight" of 130, tone up, and feel comfortable in my own skin ---> That has been the hardest part leading up to this.  

Fall/winter of 2012/13 for the first time in my life I was comfortable in my own skin.  I weighed 130lbs, size 6 jeans, I felt thin but not too thin and I was enjoying wearing my clothes. And honestly it was not even about the weight on the scale, it was just how I felt in my skin. Well, since then... I have put on 20+ pounds (can I blame it on marriage?? lol)  and of course I am more self-conscious, my clothes do not fit anymore, I feel even more sluggish and do not want to look at myself in the mirror, nor put on anything even slightly form fitting.

With that being said,  here is day one... I am being guided by a blog so everything I do will either be exactly like this girl suggests OR I will modify a bit. 

Drink 8oz of water right away! 

Tiny workout: Calf raises- 10 with your feet turned out, 10 feet straight, 10 feet turned in. I did this while brushing my teeth as she suggested.  


Snack: A green apple with two tbsp of sunflower butter.  

Lunch: Tuna, 5oz pack of tuna mixed with an avocado 

Dinner: Drink 8oz water with dinner. Grilled chicken- 5 oz of grilled chicken served with (this was suggested) -->spinach and sautéed onions.  I ended up having it on a bed of arugula with some apple pieces, raisins, raw brocc slaw, onions and some pecans.  I drizzled a bit of lemon juice and grape-seed oil for the dressing.   


Now there is also a workout of the day, however, I have been battling a migraine ALL DAY and have not been able to muster up enough energy to do it. I may try and do it before I go to bed but we will see!  Here is what was suggested...


Lastly, 32 oz of water before lunch and about 20 oz of water since lunch and still going.  I will drink 16 oz of water right before bed as well.


Happy Paleo! 

XOXO- B



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made one yummy food. Sounds like a grewt plan to feel better. I do feel you look wonderful already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! You are so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete